‘GATE’ way for stepping into NLC as Graduate Executive Trainee
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC), a premier ‘Navratna’ Public Sector Enterprise with a present Annual Turnover of Rs.6087 Crores (approx.) is spreading its wings in the frontiers of Mining and Power generation. The corporate plan of the company has many ambitious expansion schemes for massive capacity augmentation in the years to come. To add to its strength and fuel its growth, the company is looking for young, dynamic & result oriented talents for the post of Graduate Executive Trainee in the following technical disciplines for its units and facilities located in various parts of the country (and abroad in future) through GATE 2016.
UPPER AGE LIMIT
Should not have completed 30 years as on 01.12.2015.
METHOD OF SELECTION
Eligible candidates will have to appear for GATE-2016. Candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview in the order or merit based on the marks scored by them (out of 100) in GATE-2016. The list of candidates shortlisted for Personal Interview will be published in NLC website (www.nlcindia.com) and intimation will be sent to the
shortlisted candidates through email/SMS.
Discipline, Total Vacancies and Reservation of posts
GATE- 2016 Code UR OBC SC ST
Mechanical 50 27 13 7 3
Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or) AMIE in Mechanical Engineering with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
15 8 4 2 1
Degree in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering (or) AMIE in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering, with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
5 2 2 1
Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering (or) AMIE in Electronics & Communication Engineering, with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
Civil 10 8 2
Degree in Civil / Civil & Structural Engineering (or) AMIE in Civil / Civil & Structural Engineering, with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
Control & Instrumen tation
5 2 1 1 1
Degree in Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control Engineering (or) AMIE in Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control Engineering, with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
Mining 10 4 3 2 1
Degree in Engineering (BE / B.Tech / B.Sc. Engineering of 4 years duration) in Mining Engineering, with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
Computer 5 4 1
Degree in Computer Science Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Technology (or) AMIE in Computer Science Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Technology (or) PG Degree in Computer Applications, with 60% marks for UR & 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
Candidates should have passed the qualifying degree (indicated above for each discipline) with 60% of marks (if belonging to UR Category) and 50% marks (if belonging to OBC/ SC/ST categories).
Final year students may also apply. In case of selection, they will have to submit their final mark sheet / provisional certificate on or before 31st August 2016. Qualifications notified above for each discipline will only be considered. Any other qualifications, which are regarded / classified as equivalent or having combination of branches other than the notified one will not be considered. Candidates belonging to OBC/ SC/ST categories should meet the eligibility norms notified for UR category for consideration against unreserved (UR) vacancies. In other words, no relaxation (except payment of application fee) is available for the OBC/SC/ST candidates for competing against UR vacancies.
NEYVELI LIGNITE CORPORATION LIMITED (A “Navratna” Govt. of India Enterprise)
COMPENSATION PACKAGE AND OTHER BENEFITS
Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.20600-3%-46500, (E-2 Grade) and offered attractive compensation package (approx Rs.8.6 Lakhs CTC per annum). They will be on training for a period of minimum one year (extendable). During the training period the GETs will be paid Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance (presently 107.9 % of basic pay) and Common Allowance (40% of basic pay) per month. In addition to the above, they will be paid Performance Related Pay annually and entitled for superannuation benefit (30% of basic pay + Dearness Allowance), free Medical treatment for self and dependents; HBA, Group Insurance; etc. as per rules. Eligible residential accommodation (unfurnished) will be provided depending on the place of posting at nominal rent. PLACE OF POSTING Selected candidates joining as GET in NLC are required to undergo training and work in any Unit / Area / Place situated in India and Abroad under the control of Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited or in any Joint Venture / Associate / Subsidiary company of Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited, to which they may be posted.
RESERVATIONS & RELAXATIONS
1. Reservation and relaxations for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / PWD (degree of disability 40% & above) & Ex-serviceman candidates will be as per Government of India guidelines.
2. No Application fee will be charged from SC/ST candidates, PWD, Ex-Servicemen and Internal Candidates.
3. The Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), 10 Years for Persons with Disabilities (15 years for SC/ST PWD’s & 13 years for OBC PWD’s) and for Ex-Servicemen as per Govt. of India rules. However, in all the cases of relaxation, maximum age limit is 58 years as on 01/12/2015.
4. No relaxation, including age relaxation, shall be extended for considering against Unreserved (UR) vacancies. In other words, the candidates aspiring against UR vacancies should meet all the eligibility norms applicable to General (UR) candidates.
5. The OBC Candidates who belongs to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC category and such candidates have to indicate their category as UR. The OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit OBC certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the format prescribed by Government of India. Further, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates will have to give a self-undertaking along with application and at the time of attending Interview, indicating that they continue to be in non-creamy layer status.
6. Persons with Disabilities are required to furnish Disability Certificate, issued by the competent authority / Medical Board of Government Hospital, in proof of their disability.
7. Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-servicemen) once filled in the online application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on. The reserved category candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India and issued by the Competent Authority.
SERVICE & AGREEMENT BOND
Selected candidates while joining the post of Graduate Executive Trainee in NLC will be required to execute a Service Agreement Bond for a value of Rs.1,00,000/- to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years after completion of training. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Only Indian Nationals should apply.
2. All qualifications should be acquired from Indian Universities /Institutes, duly recognized by UGC / AICTE (wherever required) or any other authority / forum.
3. Wherever marks in degree are awarded in terms of CGPA/ OGPA or GRADE, the same should be converted to percentage, using the conversion formula / methodology adopted by the respective University / Institute, and only percentage of marks should be indicated in the ONLINE application form. It is responsibility of the candidate to furnish at the time of interview the conversion formula / methodology adopted by the respective University / Institute. Final Year students have to indicate the percentage of marks secured up to the semesters for which results are declared.
4. Candidates from PSE/Govt./Quasi Govt. should forward their Registration-Cum-Application Form (to be printed after filling ONLINE application) through Proper Channel or should produce No Objection Certificate at the time of Interview.
5. Mere submission of applications by the candidates shall not give them any right to be called for Interview and NLC reserves the right not to fill up any or all the posts notified at its discretion and vacancies may also be increased / decreased purely depending upon organizational requirements.
6. SC / ST / PWD candidates called for attending the Personal Interview are eligible for reimbursement of Travelling expenses (To & Fro II Sleeper Class Train Fare / Bus Fare) for their travel from the communication address to the Selection / Interview venue by the shortest route, subject to production of proof for travel and NOC (in case candidates working in PSE / Govt. / Quasi Govt. Organizations).
7. The appointment of selected candidates will be subject to being found Medically Fit, as per the prescribed health standards of the Corporation and they will be required to undergo medical examination by the Industrial Medical Officer of the Corporation, prior to being appointed after due selection.
8. The candidates will be called for selection based on Self certified information along with copies of testimonials furnished by them. They should produce the original documents, in support of their meeting eligibility conditions, at the time of Interview failing which such candidates will not be permitted to appear for the interview and Travelling Allowance will not be reimbursed to them.
9. If the SC/ST/OBC/Disability certificate is / are in a language other than English/ Hindi, the candidates should submit a self-certified translated version of the same either in English or Hindi.
10. No manual / paper applications will be entertained directly unless registered and applied ONLINE.
11. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process, even after selection, if any information provided by the candidate is / are found to be false or not in conformity with eligibility criteria notified in the advertisement and the employment of such Candidates is liable to be terminated, even after their selection and joining.
12. Candidates already deserted / resigned their appointment from Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited will not be considered.
13. In case any Ambiguity / Dispute arising on account of interpretation in Hindi Version, the English version will prevail.
14. Applicants are advised to visit the company’s website regularly for important updates.
HOW TO APPLY?
Eligible applicants should Register and Apply ONLINE only through NLC’s website www.nlcindia.com. No other means / mode of application will be accepted.
1. Before registering / applying online, the candidates should possess valid e-mail ID, which should remain valid at least for one year.
2. Candidates can access the online application portal at www.nlcindia.com. The Online application portal will be active from 10:00 hours on 23/12/2015 to 17:00 hours on 22/01/2016
3. Candidates should enter correctly the GATE Registration Number (indicated in the GATE Admit Card) in online application.
4. Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.300/- as Application Fee (exempted for SC / ST / PWD candidates) through ONLINE, using State Bank Collect facility available at www.onlinesbi.com. Detailed process regarding payment of Application Fee is available in our website.
5. After submitting the application through ONLINE, a Registration-Cum-Application Form will be generated.
Candidates are required to a) Print two copies of Registration-Cum-Application Form,
b) Retain one copy with them for reference and c) Send the other copy of the Registration-Cum-Application Form along with the enclosures, in a cover with superscription of “APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF GET (ADVT.NO.06/2015) IN NLC”, by Post / Courier To THE GENERAL MANAGER (HR), RECRUITMENT CELL, HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, NEYVELI LIGNITE CORPORATION LIMITED, CORPORATE OFFICE, BLOCK-1, NEYVELI – 607801, TAMILNADU. so as to reach on or before 29/01/2015.
6. Candidature of the registered applicants, who fail to send the hard copy of Registration-Cum-Application Form (or) send the same without copies of necessary documents / certificates, including Community Certificate, to clearly establish his / her eligibility (or) received in the Recruitment Cell belatedly after the last date for receipt of the same will not be considered and the application fee paid if any by such candidates will not be refunded.
Photostat copies of the following Documents / Certificates in prescribed / valid formats are to be enclosed
1. Proof for Date of Birth (Birth Certificate (or) SSLC / Matriculation Mark List)
2. Proof for having notified Qualification (Provisional / Degree Certificates)
3. Proof for having prescribed percentage of marks in qualifying degree (Consolidated / Semester-wise mark Statements)
4. GATE-2016 Score Card
5. Community Certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority (in case belonging to OBC(NCL)/ SC/ST categories)
6. Disability Certificate, clearly indicating the type of disability (in case of PWD).
7. Discharge Certificate (if Ex-Servicemen).
8. No objection Certificate (in case working in PSE / Govt. / Quasi Govt.
9. Self-certified translated copy of the SC/ST/OBC/Disability certificate, either in English or Hindi, in case the same is on a language other than English or Hindi. However, the above list is not exhaustive and the candidates may require producing other relevant documents on case to case basis to clearly establish their eligibility. Non production of sufficient documents to establish the eligibility would lead to rejection of candidature.
1. Please do not send any documents or original certificates.
2. All correspondence with candidates will be done through e-mail. The candidate will be solely responsible for
receiving, downloading and printing of interview call letters / any other information shall be of the candidate.
NLC will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the
candidate or delivery of Email to spam / bulk mail folder or for delay / not receipt of information if the
candidate fails to access his/her mail / website in time.
GENERATING POWER FOR GENERATIONS
ONLINE Registration Starting Time & Date 23.12.2015 (10:00 hrs)
ONLINE Registration Closing Time & Date 22.01.2016 (17:00 hrs)
Last Date for Receipt of Registration-Cum-Application Form 29.01.2016 ( 17: 00 hrs)
Candidates can contact the Helpline No. 04142 255135 between 10:00 Hours and 17:00 Hours on all working days. Candidates are hereby advised not to contact telephone numbers of any other officials / divisions and avoid disturbing others.