RAJASTHAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, AJMER SYLLABUS
FOR EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF LECTURER
IN DRAWING AND PAINTING (SCHOOL EDUCATION)
1. Knowledge of Subject concerned: Senior Secondary Level.
Knowledge of Art and its Development. Ancient Literature on Art and Craft (specially Painting and Sculpture). Elements of Art and Principles of composition. Medium and Techniques of Painting. Indian prehistoric Painting from prehistoric to Modern period. Prehistoric Art, Buddhist Art (Ajanta and Bagh Painting). Post Medival period- Apbransh Jain Painting, Mughal Painting, Deccan Style of Painting, Rajasthani and Pahari Painting, Painting during British period(company style). New trends of Painting, Bengal Style of Painting and its Artists.
2. Knowledge of Subject concerned: Graduation Level.
Three dimensional and Two dimensional Art. Drawing and Rendering. History of Indian and Rajasthani Sculpture- Prehistoric, Mohan Jodaro and Harrappa, Ajanta, Gupta period, Maurya Period, Sanchi, Bharhut, Amrawati, Kushan, Gandhar, Mathura, Modern Sculpture and Modern Sculptors. Modern Period- Indian and Rajasthani contemporary Artists.
3. Knowledge of Subject concerned: Post Graduation Level.
Indian Ras Theory- Bharat Muni, Bhatt Nayak and Abhinava Gupta. Impressionist, Post Impressionist, Fauvism and Cubism it's main artists and main Art work.
Part – IV (Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Teaching Learning Material, Use of computers and Information Technology in Teaching Learning)
1. Importance of Psychology in Teaching-Learning : Learner, Teacher, Teaching-learning process, School effectiveness.
2. Development of Learner Cognitive, Physical, Social, Emotional and Moral development patterns and characteristics among adolescent learner.
3. Teaching – Learning : Concept, Behavioural, Cognitive and constructivist principles of learning and its implication for senior secondary students. Learning characteristics of adolescent and its implication for teaching.
4. Managing Adolescent Learner : Concept of mental health and adjustment problems. Emotional Intelligence and its implication for mental health of adolescent. Use of guidance techniques for nurturing mental health of adolescent.
5. Instructional Strategies for Adolescent Learner : Communication skills and its use. Preparation and use of teaching-learning material during teaching. Different teaching approaches: Teaching models- Advance organizer, Scientific enquiry, Information, processing, cooperative learning. Constructivist principles based Teaching.
6. ICT Pedagogy Integration : Concept of ICT. Concept of hardware and software. System approach to instruction. Computer assisted learning. Computer aided instruction. Factors facilitating ICT pedagogy integration.