RAJASTHAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, AJMER SYLLABUS FOR
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF LECTURER IN
COMPUTER SCIENCE FOR COLLEGE EDUCATION
1. Computer Organization and Architecture: Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point). Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU and control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.
2. Computer Programming: Programming in C: Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps, File handling. Objectoriented programming: Class, Object, inheritance, polymorphism and overriding, constructors & destructors, overloading, exception handling.
3. Software Engineering: Software development Life Cycle and different models, Information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design, process life cycle, planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance.
4. Operating System: Main functions and different types of OS. Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems. The Unix system: file systems, process Management, Bourne shell, shell variable, command line programming, filters and Unix commands, system calls.
5. Computer Networks: LAN, MAN, WAN, Transmission Media: Guided and unguided, Multiplexing (TDM, FDM, SDM & WDM) and switching techniques, Routing algorithms, Network reference models: OSI Model, TCP/IP Model, TCP/UDP and Sockets, IPv4 / IPv6, DNS , Network Security: Symmetric & Asymmetric Cryptography, Message Digest, Block and Stream Ciphers, One time pad, IP Security, E-Mail Security: PGP, IDS, Firewall.